Old 20-01-2013, 12:49 AM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening

Default Niger feeder recommendation

"Anne Burgess" wrote in message
Good luck with your Niger/Nyger seed feeder I haven't seen a single
finch on mine - total waste of money.
Bill

It took quite a while with mine before the Goldfinches found it. Now
they're here in large numbers every day, and other birds also eat the
Nyjer.

Anne

I never had much luck with nyger.
I carry on with canary seed/sunflower hearts 50/50 mix. Very popular with
all tits and finches.
I have a thingie that chops up peanuts - it's a chilli cutter but it makes
peanuts into crumbs for the robins and the blackbirds like them too along
with sultanas. Robins will never starve here, they get into my chicken run
and eat the layers pellets.