Old 20-01-2013, 12:35 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening,uk.rec.walking

Default waterproofing leather boots

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 10:56:26 +0000, Apellation Controlee wrote:

Want to really waterproof my new leather boots. I have heard that
dubbin will rot leather and can soften it too much, ...

Nikwax?

That's what I use. Clean boots well, have boots nice and warm and apply
with old tooth brush working well into an seams/stiching.

Last pair of boots failed because I didn't treat them often enough, the
leather dried out and split at the toe bend. We are talking not treated
for years though...

--
Cheers
Dave.