Old 20-01-2013, 11:40 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet Tweedy[_2_] View Post
On 20/01/2013 13:14, Sacha wrote:
I think that if they did eat it, the mould might be bad for them?

yes but they eat rotten apples and stuff. Never mind, decided it was too
risky and put it in green bin. Such a waste though. I'm sure Kay would
have managed to get a meal out of it
Ouch! That's on a par with an urgler who said "I remember you had a broken down seat ... it looked absolutely right in your garden"

Funnily enough, I was just about to ask you whether it was the cooked half that was going mouldy or the uncooked half. I've never had any qualms about cutting off the mouldy edge of an uncooked squash (and about an inch beyond it) and cooking the rest - you'd never get through a full sized pumpkin if you didn't!