Old 21-01-2013, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Ophelia[_7_] Ophelia[_7_] is offline

Default waterproofing leather boots

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 21/01/2013 15:51, Alan Dicey wrote:
On 21/01/2013 14:07, PeterC wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 13:31:46 +0000, Alan Dicey wrote:

The "dubbin rots stitching" rumour has been going around since I were a
lad, so fifty years at least.

On my previous Scarpa Monte Rosa's I used the olive-oil treatment: pour
oil into one boot until it's full, leave until it starts to ooze out,
pour into other boot, ditto. Pour remaining oil into bottle for next
treatment, oil remaining in boot will sink into the leather. Obviously
you get your olive oil from the vet, not some extra virgin at the
supermarket.

ISTR castor oil being mentioned in here - was that so?

Peter, you're quite right it was castor oil. Oh, the embarassment . . .

Well the caster oil should keep you running

lol

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/