Old 22-01-2013, 08:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Replacing Steps in Steep garden

"Melross" wrote in message

Hi I have a very steep hillside garden in Shropshire and have to replace
many of the original steps as they have collasped. We are thinking
about replacing them with old railway sleepers, but still unsure whether
this is the right choice. Any ideas as to what might be the best
solution. As I say it is a very steep, woodland garden with many steps!

--
Melross

Lots of ideas for steps from everyone, I have a sloping garden, no idea
whether its as steep as yours but I have done my best to not have steps as
they are a pain for mowers and barrows, instead our paths resemble the hair
pins on mountain roads in areas where you may have also put steps and trace
around borders that are terraced with stone walls, it was hard work and was
done over many years!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs