Old 22-01-2013, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default waterproofing leather boots

"MP" wrote in message
On 21/01/2013 14:53, Gordonbp wrote:
On 21/01/13 14:07, PeterC wrote:

Anybody know what HiTech's IonMask is like for performance and
durability

Rubbish.

My sister bought a pair of HiTech's IonMask walking boots around £90 I
think sorry can’t remember exactly which ones, but I do know she got very
little wear out of them under 60 mile. As fair as I know the upper didn’t
let water in but marked and cut very easily. But the worst thing was the
soul very quickly came away from the leather upper allowing water in.
MP

Gave up the ghost eh?...:-)

Bill