Old 22-01-2013, 10:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy[_2_] Janet Tweedy[_2_] is offline

Default What is this plant?

On 22/01/2013 20:07, Chris Hogg wrote:
Looks like wild garlic, aka three-cornered leek, Allium trifolium (but
not the wild garlic that most people know, A. ursinum aka Ransoms).
Crush the stems and it reeks of onions. Grows vigorously all over the
place down here, and is a real pest and difficult to eradicate. Best
sprayed with glyphosate in mid summer, so that the stuff gets take
down to the bulbs as the leaves die back. Repeat as necessary (usually
at least once).

But I'm surprised to see it in flower so early.

no its possibly allium quincer something or other, blinking invasive and
just producing their flowering head here all over my front flower bed.
More you pull out, accompanied by horrid onion smell, more seems to
grow!! Awful thing, don't even THINK about planting it!!

--
Janet T.
Amersham