Old 23-01-2013, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
RJH RJH is offline

Default waterproofing leather boots

On 22/01/2013 22:33, wrote:
In article ,
Bill Grey wrote:

You can theorise all you like I can only comment on what I actually
experienced and still do.

As I posted, my statements are also based on measurement, personal
experience and other people's experience. Whether you have been
just lucky, have never stressed Goretex as much as we have, or
simply been unobservant, I can't say.

It works fairly well (I use Goretex boots), but nothing made by
mortals works perfectly.

I would add, and how to put this delicately, it does depend upon how
sweaty you are.

Goretex boots work well for me, but the clothing is rubbish because I
sweat 'a bit' given the slightest movement. By pure luck I've come by a
Rohan 'barricade' coat that works for me.

Rob