Old 23-01-2013, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Slight weather change

On 2013-01-23 11:32:40 +0000, David Rance said:

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 Sacha wrote:

This morning we have a snow/sleet/snow/sleet combo going on. Nothing is
settling but it's very damp and cold. The dogs are squashed up against
the radiators or the Aga, depending on where I am! Neither seems very
keen to have their usual morning race around the garden and Nursery -
can't think why!

Well, do *you*?? (Fancy a race round the garden and nursery??) ;-)

I've given in. Normally I walk to the crematorium to do my duties but
this morning I just can't face it. Haven't used the car this year so
far apart from once when I took a granddaughter to Oxford. Wasn't
exactly a new year resolution but I'm sorry to have given in.

David

I went out to fill the bird feeders, say hello to people etc. and came
in thoroughly chilled and fed up with the damp, claggy day! The dog
didn't take much whistling up to get them back into the nice, warm
kitchen! So no, I don't blame them. On the up side, we're starting to
put in seed for some of the veg plants & tomatoes, my favourite sweet
pea - Matucana - is sprouting and there is every probability that
spring will occur!!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com