Old 23-01-2013, 03:03 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default waterproofing leather boots

wrote in message ...
In article ,
Bill Grey wrote:

You can theorise all you like I can only comment on what I actually
experienced and still do.

As I posted, my statements are also based on measurement, personal
experience and other people's experience. Whether you have been
just lucky, have never stressed Goretex as much as we have, or
simply been unobservant, I can't say.

It works fairly well (I use Goretex boots), but nothing made by
mortals works perfectly.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Having walked my dog pretty well every day for the best part of 10 years, in
all weathers, in long wet grass, mud snow and rain, often had the bottoms
a of my trouser legs soaked but my feet never were wet, My hillwalking days
I enjoyed, and always had Gortex lined boots - no problem.

Bill