Old 23-01-2013, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y

Default waterproofing leather boots

In article ,
Bill Grey wrote:

Having walked my dog pretty well every day for the best part of 10 years, in
all weathers, in long wet grass, mud snow and rain, often had the bottoms
a of my trouser legs soaked but my feet never were wet, My hillwalking days
I enjoyed, and always had Gortex lined boots - no problem.

I have never had any trouble under such mild use, either, nor did
I with other fabrics and materials. Most of them work tolerably
well day-by-day, if you can get them at least dryish overnight;
it is the third and subsequent days out in conditions that make
most dogs want to stay indoors that distinguish the waterproofness
of materials.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.