Old 23-01-2013, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Bill Grey Bill Grey is offline

Default waterproofing leather boots

wrote in message ...
In article ,
Bill Grey wrote:

Having walked my dog pretty well every day for the best part of 10 years,
in
all weathers, in long wet grass, mud snow and rain, often had the
bottoms
a of my trouser legs soaked but my feet never were wet, My hillwalking
days
I enjoyed, and always had Gortex lined boots - no problem.

I have never had any trouble under such mild use, either, nor did
I with other fabrics and materials. Most of them work tolerably
well day-by-day, if you can get them at least dryish overnight;
it is the third and subsequent days out in conditions that make
most dogs want to stay indoors that distinguish the waterproofness
of materials.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

You seem determined to play down my experience with my Gortex boots/trail
shoes, you comment of "mild use" is quite patronising seeing as you don't
really know the conditions in which they were used.

Very wet is very wet.

Your remark "... it is the third and subsequent days out in conditions
that make most dogs want to stay indoors that distinguish the waterproofness
of materials." .....sums up their use quite accurately.

You go your way, Ill stick with my truth.

Bill