Old 23-01-2013, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default What is this plant?

On 2013-01-22 19:06:35 +0000, David Hill said:

This has been in flower for the last few weeks.
It's growing about 6ft from the road at the base of a retaining wall.
I took these pictures today in a spell of heavy sleet, so didn't take
as much care as I might have done.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ownflowers.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...nflowers02.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...nflowers04.jpg

David @ the mild and almost snow free end of Swansea Bay

Probably Leucojum vernum, the spring snowflake. If you google for pics
of it you may recognise it.

Definitely not that Sacha, The petals are the wrong shape and no spot,
have a look at the flowers
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...nflowers05.jpg
I'm going to have to get down and take more photos of the clump,smell
the leaves, and look at the shape of the flower stems.
As it's not mine I am not going to dig up any part of it.
David