Old 24-01-2013, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.walking,uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Peter Clinch Peter Clinch is offline

Default waterproofing leather boots

On 24/01/2013 14:45, Phil Cook wrote:
On 24/01/2013 07:59, PeterC wrote:

A groundsheet that's adversly affected by dirt...! Now there's good
design!
Never had any trouble with the ripstop and PVC(?) floors in the old (70s)
tents, including one morning when there was a streamlet under the tent.

Those kind of tents are OK provided you have an infernal combustion
engine to lug them about. The modern stuff is so much lighter.

In the late 80s I switched from a Force Ten to a Saunders Sapcepacker.
Both 2 man tents, one 7 Kg, the other 2 Kg. Does make a bit of
difference carrying it about.

Of course the Force 10 groundsheet was as tough as they get, but having
said that the Spacepacker has never leaked, including a time in Norway
when I went to sleep over thawing snow and woke over thawed snow (i.e.,
water).

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK