Old 25-01-2013, 06:43 AM posted to rec.gardens
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default What is this (Moss like) species of Plant?

"Lee Mac" wrote in message

Hi all, my name is Lee and I'm new to this Forum.

This isn't a forum. This is usenet and your are seeing our posts because
Gardenbanter steals our posts without the permission of the posters and
posts them on it's site

I was hoping one of
you gardening enthusiasts or experts may be able to help me.

For a number of years now I have been trying to source and alternative
to moss for my Japanese Garden. Some worked but most had their flaws,
but through trial and error I have found one that works well. The
trouble is I dont know what it is called.

I bought it from a nursery in late summer 2012 but it didnt have a tag
and the nursery assistant didnt know. I attach a picture in the hope
that one of you may be able to help me identify it.

Its characteristics are that it is light green (almost aurea), its
groundcovering, with a heather type appearance (but I'm pretty sure its
not a heather species), it only appears to reach about 3-4 inches in
height and is mat forming.

Any advice on what species it is (so that I can order a batch of them in
the spring) would be gratefully received.

Many thanks
Lee

|Filename: Unknown Plant Species 2.jpg |
|Download:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15467|

I know I've seen it and should know the name of it, but I can't recall it.
Sorry