Old 26-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Greenears Greenears is offline
Registered User

Smile Large field/lawn moss problem

Hello all, i am new to this forum and am in deperate help with a massive moss problem. I have very sandy soil so drainage is not an issue, have started aerating the lawn regularly but still have a massive moss problem. I have purchased 10 bags of the weed and feed which i intend to spread in march, is it worth using a liquid ferous sulphate before speading the weed and feed? I am keen to resolve the problem with as little outlay as possible, i did weed and feed an area of the large (nearly 1 acre) lawn/field last year but it is already back! It was back breaking even with a mantis scarifier. I have hired a large tractor mounted scarifier for the lawn treatment this year (at a cost of £200/day!) I am now desperate to resolve this moss issue. Any cheap advice would be welcomed. Many thanks