Old 26-01-2013, 06:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob H Bob H is offline

Default Slight weather change

On 2013-01-23 11:32:40 +0000, David Rance said:

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 Sacha wrote:

This morning we have a snow/sleet/snow/sleet combo going on. Nothing
is settling but it's very damp and cold. The dogs are squashed up
against the radiators or the Aga, depending on where I am! Neither
seems very keen to have their usual morning race around the garden
and Nursery - can't think why!

Well, do *you*?? (Fancy a race round the garden and nursery??) ;-)

I've given in. Normally I walk to the crematorium to do my duties but
this morning I just can't face it. Haven't used the car this year so
far apart from once when I took a granddaughter to Oxford. Wasn't
exactly a new year resolution but I'm sorry to have given in.

David

I went out to fill the bird feeders, say hello to people etc. and came
in thoroughly chilled and fed up with the damp, claggy day! The dog
didn't take much whistling up to get them back into the nice, warm
kitchen! So no, I don't blame them. On the up side, we're starting to
put in seed for some of the veg plants & tomatoes, my favourite sweet
pea - Matucana - is sprouting and there is every probability that spring
will occur!!

Here at the tropical end of Swansea Bay we have been frost free for the
last 3 days, the snow had cleared from a lot of the place with the rain
we had Monday night.
Last night we had fine snow which added up to around an inch, then this
morning we had a bit of fine sleet which turned to fine snow around
lunch time and we have had almost 4 hours of it, probably another inch.
David

It has just started snowing here in Leeds but seems a bit on the wet
side as it is not sticking much now.

Well it stopped after about an hour, but a bit later, just before 8pm
the heavens opened up and it was nearly blizzard conditions at times.

By the morning time, at about 9am, there was about 6 inches of the stuff
in my garden and on the drive. I could hardly see my car.

Anyway I have spent a bit of time clearing it away as it was a beautiful
morning today.
--
http://www.mykleeneze.com/rheselwood