Old 27-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Welshsewer Welshsewer is offline
Registered User

Default Privet hedge

We have inherited a long (80-100 feet) Privet hedge.
When the house was built 10 years ago the hedge was cut back 20 feet and laid (?) by an experienced farmer. It is now about 6ft wide and largely dead in the middle for about 50 ft. There are small areas of the hedge that appear dead, some we think caused by the planting of Alder close to the hedge. These have been cut right down though the stumps remain.
Digging up the whole hedge is not an option, due to the location.
Is it possible, and if so, what is the best way to fill in the gaps along the hedge. We have been told that the hedge can be laid and will recover.
Any opinions / advice please.