Old 27-01-2013, 07:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_12_] Billy[_12_] is offline

Default Mini watermelons

In article , "Farm1"
wrote:

"Billy" wrote in message

You mates look to be having an interesting time. Fires to the South, and
floods to the North.

Yes, we had to leave one night because of one of the fires near us and they
have had a right rollicking up north today. Some people have now been
flooded twice in 2 years.

I'll be starting some lettuce, and snow peas this week-end.

So it must be getting slightly warmer?

Not really warmer, but sunnier. We finally have had some sun on the
ground again (north side of hill) the last few days. Mid-December to
mid-January is our coldest time as you might expect (usually 55F/26F).
We had a good lick of rain from mid-October (just as the grapes finished
being harvested), until Christmas. We are about back to average by now.
For the last 3 years, February has been warm here, and almost Summery
(if I can say that), then it slides back into winter rains until May.

The last couple of years I haven't been able to garden much, so I am
looking forward to doing it right this year. No experiments, just going
for maximum production.

Does your government still encourage logging?

--
Welcome to the New America.
or