Old 28-01-2013, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default allotment wars programme

On Sun, 27 Jan 2013 16:59:33 -0000, "Kate Morgan"
wrote:

snip
When i move to my next house i am going to find somewhere near a nice set
of allotments,,,, trouble is how hard is that to find?
--
Janet T.
Amersham

I did not see this prog. but have heard about it. My daughter lives in
Edinburgh and spends lots of time walking her dog on Blackford Hill. She
sent me a photograph that showed the river/sea in the background the city
and castle and in the foreground a quite large gathering of allotments. She
tells me that the people there are a very happy and social bunch, they help
each other out if needed and have many a outdoor party down there, sounds
good to me.

kate,

I saw that programme. I've had my allotment for 22 years until having
to give up this year. I've never encountered anything like that. All
our allotmenteers are friendly people. They only showed the people who
battled with their competitors. What about all the others on that
site? We didn't hear from them. That young man needed someone to take
him in hand and give him some advice, not antagonise him.
Just a bit of hyped up stuff to make a programme about!

Pam in Bristol