Old 30-01-2013, 01:52 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Fruit tree

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 08:51:34 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 07:51:53 -0500,
wrote:

Plymouth82;977486 Wrote:
Any tips and advice about cutting back an old apple tree. It was here
when we bought the house and I wails say has not been cut back in years.
It is much too large it had loads of fruit last yr but all very small.
Should I go lightly with the cut back or really go for it. I have only
ever had cherrie trees before and they liked a hard prune back every few
yrs any hints?

Ther eare many web sites that give clear instructions for pruning all
types of fruit trees. Also for larger apples it's a good practice to
remove about half when fruit first forms.

TEST1