Old 30-01-2013, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Frogs Are Wooing!

On 2013-01-29 18:01:43 +0000, rbel said:

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013 14:24:30 +0000, The Original Jake
wrote:

I think I've got telepathic frogs! The weather forecast for tomorrow
being dry, I'd planned to spend the day giving the pond its spring
clean (earlier than usual but then I wouldn't have to worry about
frogs spawning).

But the blighters are hard at it today! Definitely frogs, not toads.

The early frog catches the, um, other early frog.

Here in south Devon they usually arrive in mid-February but my records
show that in 2008 we had two turn up on 19 January.

My - ahem - records show we first saw them on 17 February last year.
'records' being a euphemism for my very untidy diary! Going by
tonight's particular 'take' on the gales, any frogs here would be
airborne in about 5 minutes.

I can hear your frogs passing overhead as I type.

I was quite surprised to see that you're not on a boat somewhere! But
today has been mainly mild at 10C with some sun. The fish have come to
the top of the pond and it's a lot nicer than the last few days! We had
a brief spell of high wind but it's all calmed down now.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com