Old 30-01-2013, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Another John Another John is offline

Default Blanket-weed killer: is now too soon?

Looked in our pond today. Unsurprisingly, there's not much sign of life
yet ... except for the blanket weed, which is looking ominously green.

Is now a good time to use blanket-weed killer?

Supplementary: which one would you use? (Yes, I know that this is a
VFAQ, but it's also a frequently changed answer, as technology
progresses.)

The only creatures in our pond are the usual beetles, nymphs, and frogs,
and a few newts in a lucky year.

Cheers
John