Old 24-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Default Loaches and MTS

LeighMo wrote:
They are slow growers, so it took them years to reach their current sizes of 5"
to 6". But now they are big enough to do some real damage...and they do. :-/

Hmmm... my largest clown is about 3.5", maybe I should just enjoy the peace
while it lasts...

On the good side, they never bother my shrimp.

Someone eats the ghost shrimp (I think it's the yoyos, could be the rainbows),
but the singapore and amano are ok.

I know! And theyr'e so gorgeous, with their silver and black markings.

There's a "new" kind of botia that is being dubbed "angelicus". It's very
very attractive, but they're selling them for ~$30 each for 1" babies.
I'll wait for them to drop in price...

I think they've made my clown loaches more active, too. They've been spending
a lot more time out in the open since I got the yoyos.

I have 2 clowns that are brave, 4 that are semi-brave and one that's a total
scaredy-cat. Still, the spend most of the time hiding in their cave. How
they fit in there along with the 4" ancistrus boggles my mind...

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv