Old 03-02-2013, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Iris Cowboy in Black

On 2013-02-03 11:21:14 +0000, David Hill said:

On 01/02/2013 17:46, Sacha wrote:
I've recently seen a photo of a wonderful US Iris called Cowboy in
Black. I can't find a supplier in UK and Cayeux Iris don't have it.
Does anyone happen to know of a UK supplier? I've just had a lovely
time on the Cayeux Iris page, though! I've bought
1 x DEVONSHIRE CREAM
1 x WILLIAMETTE MIST
1 x CABLE CAR
1 x PISTE NOIRE
1 x JOY DE ROHAN CHABOT

Did you see Midnight Cowboy, BLACK SUITED, CHIMNEY SOOT, and others on
this link http://cubits.org/irisforum/thread/v...602/?offset=40 ?
I know these people are in the US but have a look at their site
http://www.walking-p-bar.com/shopsite/index.html

Yes, I've seen lots that are mouthwatering and the same goes for
Camellias. The American Camellia Society (think that's the right name)
have loads of enthusiasts who breed great varieties that don't make it
over here! It's probably not commercially viable but I'm almost tempted
to beg someone to bring some cuttings over in their spongebag and send
them to us! Mind you, to listen to Ray's comments on Camellia cuttings
atm, it wouldn't be a popular move this end! He has several of the
fishtail Camellia that he's hoping will strike but while they look
totally healthy, there's no sign of a root!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com