Old 03-02-2013, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT Britain from above

On 2013-02-02 09:25:46 +0000, Martin said:

On Sat, 2 Feb 2013 00:29:14 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in message
This is a site that should interest many of you esp the older amongst
us
http://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/
David @the tropical end of Swansea bay where we are having a tropical
storm.

I tried to look at that site and it crashed my computer. It shut off
claiming it had closed down to protect my system from a malicious
add-on
and it's taken hours to get it back up and running again. It sent it
into a
real panic.
Did anyone else have that problem?

Not me. I didn't install an add on.

Perhaps Tina's computer was already 'infected' by something?

Infectious laughter? :-)

Hollow laughter! It's pretty scary when something like that happens. If
I'm about to open something my computer doesn't like, it warns me in a
rather chiding tone! But I suspect Tina has picked up a virus somewhere
and should probably get it all checked before emailing anyone. When I had
a pc I remember opening an email from a friend - as I thought. In fact a
worm (?) had invaded his address book and every time someone opened the
email, it got into *their* address book. It took days to sort that out!
--

Sacha

Ok, it's not impossible but I do have very good protection on my computer.
Hence it blew its top. Pity, as I wanted to see Britain from above.
Maybe the site is safe. My computer says NO;-)
I swept it today for viruses and I don't have any.

Tina