Old 24-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Lynda Thornton

Default Conifer aphid massive infestation

Hi

My small conifer (3-4 feet high) has suddenly become absolutely thickly
infested with grey aphids. This seems to have happened almost
overnight!

They are so bad I think they might kill the tree if I don't do something
- what would be recommended for this? There are ladybirds on there too
and I know they are good for biological control but I really don't think
they are going to make a dent in this particular problem - I don't want
to harm them with any sprays though, are there any which won't harm
beneficial creatures?

Thanks

Lynda