Old 04-02-2013, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default treating peach curl

On 04/02/2013 21:00, Bill Grey wrote:
"usenet2012" wrote in message

Last year the peach etc. in pots on my patio were devastated by peach
curl. I removed all the affected leaves and sprayed them in the autumn
with copper fungicide.

I see the RHS recommend keeping emerging shoots dry using plastic
sheeting. I'm going to try this but is it worth also using the copper
fungicide again? If so, when?

--
Simon

12) The Second Rule of Expectations
An EXPECTATION is a Premeditated resentment.

I've no idea of treating the problem, but I believe I've heard of
underplanting the tree with garlic .

Can't say if there is any truth in ths!

Bill

You could try a garlic spray

Ingredients:
Yield:
1.1 litre

3 or 4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 litre water
1 teaspoon liquid washing up liquid
Directions:
1 Combine the garlic and vegetable oil and leave to soak overnight.
2 Strain and add to the water along with the washing up liquid.
3 Spray regularly.