Old 05-02-2013, 07:14 AM
allen73 allen73 is offline
Registered User

Location: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farm1[_4_] View Post
I'm growing mini watermelons for the first time and I have a few tiny melons
that have set on my vines so in the current heat we are getting I should be
able to get them to harvest if I can keep up the water to them.

Does anyone know if theyd need anything at this stage of summer other than
heat and water to keep them ramping along?
Use granular fertilizer to your plant. Most granular fertilizers are applied at a rate of 11/2 pounds per 100 square feet. Scatter the fertilizer around the plants and water it well. But make sure that the fertilizer does not come in contact with the plant, as this may cause the plant to burn. You can use base nutrients Sensi bloom which will work well. This will help the plant to get the energy they need to produce high quality fruit.
Fruit Trees