Old 05-02-2013, 09:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Primula

On 05/02/2013 09:18, kay wrote:

David Hill;977763 Wrote:
Came across this primula today at Morrison's, no name, and in fact no
price on any of the pots so I made an offer for 2 and they accepted it.
They are almost like Hose in Hose, but instead of a lower set of petals

they have a collar of small leaves like a single flower posy.
http://tinyurl.com/awsxljt
http://tinyurl.com/bgzorhq
http://tinyurl.com/a2dj88f
Anyone have any idea of the variety?
David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay

The flower shape, of flower in a ruff of leaves, is known as "jack in
the green".

Thanks folks
That looks like the one.
I had forgotten the term "Jack in the Green"
Our Morrisons do water their plants, often after they are dead and still
on display.
David @ a sunny end of Swansea Bay.