Old 05-02-2013, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
usenet2012 usenet2012 is offline

Default treating peach curl

In message , Emery Davis
writes
On Mon, 04 Feb 2013 08:25:31 +0000, usenet2012 wrote:

Last year the peach etc. in pots on my patio were devastated by peach
curl. I removed all the affected leaves and sprayed them in the autumn
with copper fungicide.

I see the RHS recommend keeping emerging shoots dry using plastic
sheeting. I'm going to try this but is it worth also using the copper
fungicide again? If so, when?

I would use the copper when the buds are swollen but not burst.

I use a proprietary chemical from Bayer for peach leaf curl. I'm not
sure it's available in the UK though, I get it in Normandy. Treatment is
before bud burst as I've described, and again after the fruit has set
IIRC.

Thank-you.

--
Simon

12) The Second Rule of Expectations
An EXPECTATION is a Premeditated resentment.