Old 07-02-2013, 09:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steerpike Steerpike is offline

Default allotment wars programme

On Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:49:07 AM UTC, 'Mike' wrote:
"michael" wrote in message

On Wednesday, 23 January 2013 00:07:19 UTC, Janet wrote:

Good Lord they don't half try hard to make 'exciting' programmes don't

they? I bet most of this was set up or 'encouraged' well the

confronations were. Shame as it could have put off a lot of keen young

and eager or old keen and eager allotment applicants! Nothing about

friends or helpful advice, don't suppose the programme makers wanted

that. bet they had to look a long way for guard dogs, cctv, chnaged locks

and so on ! When i move to my next house i am going to find somewhere

near a nice set of allotments,,,, trouble is how hard is that to find? --

Janet T. Amersham

This was one of the worst programmes on allotment gardening put out by any

TV broadcaster.I have been involved in our local allotment scene for

nearly 50years,and at different times as secretary,chairman,show judge,etc

and I can honestly say that I could not identify any of the characters

with anyone on our or local allotments.I copied the programme also,and was

going to show it to those who missed it;however it was so poor and

negative,it has been deleted.

Michael

South Manchester

Michael a few years back one of the TV channels put on a series reenacting

National Service. You have never seen such rubbish and playing to the

cameras in all your life. One of my illustrated talks is on National Service

and there is always a good rapport and feedback on time spent in National

Service.

Why do those who know nothing about it do such things?

Mike

I'm an Angel, honest ! The horns are there just to keep the halo straight..

The time you spent during national service was not a happy one I understand Mike............One wonders why exactly you would choose to relive a time when apparently you were greatly disliked by other recruits, even to the extent that kitchen staff ****ed in your meals............lol