Old 07-02-2013, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default new to gardening

On 2013-02-07 13:48:54 +0000, Staceyxxx said:

Hi all, i'm embracing gardening this year..

i have had my own house for 5 years now with 1 neglected garden ...
the garden has lots of different bushes and trees (not sure what they
are) and is enclosed, i have 3 dogs so nothing that will harm them..

the back garden is about 70ft long approx and the width of a house.. it
has a shed & coal house..

the front garden has a big drive way and the spare space is 10 foot by 4
foot.

Any ideas what i can do with these??

We can probably all help you ID the shrubs and trees you have once they
start into leaf and/or flower. But it helps to advise people if we know
where you live, which way the garden faces, if there are any sunny areas
or heavily shaded areas etc. Then you have to think how you're going to
use the garden. Are you going to have an enclosure for the dogs to keep
them off the rest of the garden, for example and if so, do you want a
shelter in it or some shade trees over it? Do you want a washing line
and do you have children who need play space - a swing, a trampoline,
for example? Would you like an area to sit in that faces south and west
so that you get sun for that evening drink or supper outside? And in
the meantime, if you cut the grass, your garden will instantly look better!

Or you could just start by posting a couple of photos of the garden as
it is now. one from the house and one looking back at the house from the
end of the garden.