Old 07-02-2013, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default new to gardening

On Thursday, 7 February 2013 13:48:54 UTC, Staceyxxx wrote:
Hi all, i'm embracing gardening this year..

i have had my own house for 5 years now with 1 neglected garden ...

the garden has lots of different bushes and trees (not sure what they

are) and is enclosed, i have 3 dogs so nothing that will harm them..

the back garden is about 70ft long approx and the width of a house.. it

has a shed & coal house..

the front garden has a big drive way and the spare space is 10 foot by 4

foot.

Any ideas what i can do with these??

You need to give some thought to how you can protect the garden from the dogs,
they can be trained to keep off borders - listen to GQT's Bunny Guinness on this. Kids playing on grass fouled by dogs is bad, so is strimming unawares through a pile of said mess (you soon will be aware).
Dogs crashing through borders and digging in the lawns and borders can be very damaging and expensive and dispiriting if you've put a lot of work in.
Don't get me wrong I quite like dogs but you do need to manage the interaction of dogs with the garden.
My favourite image from years ago and in somebody elses garden and the dog was garden owner's dog thank goodness. A big fat Lab laughing all over it's face and carrying a mouth full of peacock plumes crashing back through the herbaceous border it had just crashed through in hot pursuit of the peacock from next door.

Rod