Old 08-02-2013, 09:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default new to gardening

On 2013-02-08 08:08:39 +0000, said:

In article ,
Phil Gurr wrote:

The one thing that no-one has asked is - where the heck are you?
The advice that you get will be different depending on whether
you are in Shetland or Cornwall.

Or even Cambridge! The UK is pretty small, and there is little
climatic variation compared to the rest of the world, but it is
quite enough to have significant effects on what can be grown.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Yes indeed. Here in South Devon we're near Dartmoor and can't grow
outdoors, many of the things David Poole can grow in Torquay. But I
think we should assure Stacey we don't need her actual address! West
coast of Cornwall would do it! ;-)
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com