Old 08-02-2013, 11:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default OT Britain from above

In article ,
On 2013-02-07 23:49:28 +0000, Christina Websell said:

I can only say that that link crashed my computer. Whether you all
agree about my virus safety or not., it did.
It closed my computer down saying it was a threat and got sniffy about
getting back.
I think it allows me back on the internet now.

Yes but have you had your computer checked for worms, virus etc? If
not, there's a danger of you passing whatever-caused-it (and it wasn't
that link) on to others, surely?

This is getting rather unproductive. The following things are all
true:

Being up to date on anti-virus protection is comparable to the
'flu jab - it reduces the probability, but doesn't eliminate it.

There are many ways of crashing a computer via a Web browser
other than installing a virus or similar.

The symptoms above smell of an over-clever 'interconnect link'
(in some sense) suspecting and issue and reacting wrongly.

Even those of us who could identify the problem cannot do so
from the information that has been provided.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

All this is why I suggested she gets her computer checked. It may be
nothing, it may be over-protective software but as it's absolutely
contrary to everyone else's experience and Tina insists her computer is
Fort Knox, in her shoes, I'd have it looked over by a techie.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com