Old 09-02-2013, 01:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
fran fran is offline

Default New Rose Garden

If the deer are hungry enough, they will eat anything. 8 foot deer
fence is your best bet, as they can jump over anything lower.

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 09:24:45 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

Four years ago I planted bare root hybrid teas in a new raised bed. they did well the first year and then the deer found them. I tried everything, and I do mean everything. I have replaced the dead bushes with cheep knock offs from various big box and WalMart stores. All but two of them are dead again. SO this year I am putting an electric fence around the bed. IF this doesn't work there will be grass next year.
What is new with any of you?

MJ