Old 09-02-2013, 03:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Guess The New Beechgrove Presenter

On 2013-02-08 22:42:18 +0000, Martin said:

On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 20:45:47 +0000, The Original Jake
wrote:

On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 00:07:21 +0100, Martin wrote:

One of the joys of Beechgrove was that it didn't need a front man.

On his web site, Chris says he'll be traveling around Scotland. I hope
this means he won't be a "front man" but will fit in with the team.

And talking about adverts, I do wonder how many people are aware of
the little hidden gem on BBC2 on Sunday mornings - the A-Z of TV
gardening.

I wasn't.
I never anything so daft as Monty in a straw hat driving a 2CV between
French gardens on TV this evening.

In the serge de Nīmes jacket? I do wonder if it's the producers or the
presenters who get these ideas. I'm only surprised he wasn't made to
carry an accordion, too. But we think he does these 'big' programmes
rather well, though Ray was genuinely horrified at his remark that the
cucumber wasn't ripe enough. I didn't see that bit but according to Ray
it was a truly daft comment!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com