Old 09-02-2013, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Guess The New Beechgrove Presenter

On Sat, 09 Feb 2013 09:43:34 +0000, David Rance wrote:

On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 Martin wrote:

On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 20:45:47 +0000, The Original Jake
wrote:

On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 00:07:21 +0100, Martin wrote:

One of the joys of Beechgrove was that it didn't need a front man.

On his web site, Chris says he'll be traveling around Scotland. I hope
this means he won't be a "front man" but will fit in with the team.

And talking about adverts, I do wonder how many people are aware of the
little hidden gem on BBC2 on Sunday mornings - the A-Z of TV gardening.

I wasn't.
I never anything so daft as Monty in a straw hat driving a 2CV between
French gardens on TV this evening.

Actually I enjoyed the programme very much. What on earth was daft about
it?

Lord his French was awful. He was actually quite insulting to several of
the characters. Especially the nice lady with the allotment who was
doing her best to be a really good sport. Not to mention the onion
farmer, where Monty insisted they were the "best" even when the guy said
"the sweetest." I love to cook with Cevennes onions but they don't
exactly replace the classic yellow.

And the end: this guy's hotel and "first garden" is the most beautiful
kitchen garden in France? That's just silly, and we thought it reeked of
sponsorship or kickback.

And all the BS about (mispronounced) paysans, honestly.

We certainly enjoyed the scenery, summer in the south and all that. Good
stuff when you're stuck here in the mud! But that straw hat...

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy