Old 10-02-2013, 06:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Willi Willi is offline

Default snowy walnut tree

Am 10.02.2013 16:44, schrieb joevan:
On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 15:29:38 +0100, Willi wrote:

There was a great big one in my grandmoms yard the 40's and 50's and
great were those black walnuts. If that is such a tree, and yours, I
wish you many years of enjoyment. I can get black walnuts here now and
then. They are a treasure.

It is 'juglans regia'(yes, it's mine). Do you refer to 'juglans nigra'?
Their nutshells are stronger and sharper corrugated than those of regia.
I've seen such a tree now and then, but I didn't know that the nuts were
edible. Thanks for the ineresting info.