Old 11-02-2013, 06:37 PM
veryoldandgrump veryoldandgrump is offline
Registered User

Default Laurel tree broken in the snow

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster...

Anyway we have a very big Laurel tree in our garden 30 ft or so, during the recent wet snow, two of the very big side branches seems to have dropped, though maybe one is pulling the other down. I cant see an actual split in the branch, not been able to get a close look yet. It all feels very wet though, I am wondering it it is rotten inside.
If I need to saw it off how should i protect the freshly sawn wood?
Is there anything else I should be aware of when doing this job.

Regards

Ed