Old 11-02-2013, 07:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Poppies

I just placed my seed order from Pinetree (superseeds.com) Mostly
vegetables, but a few flowers and herbs too.

In my flower garden I'm going to grow poisonous plants this year for the
foundation; so maybe the rabbits will leave them alone :-) Foxgloves,
nicotiana, and opium poppies. Do I need to plant the poppies as soon as
the ground surface thaws a little? I seem to recall that they need a
few freeze/thaw cycles to germinate well, but that might be a different
kind of poppy. Can they be transplanted?

Bob