Old 12-02-2013, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Enamel & silver orchid

On 2013-02-11 18:46:37 +0000, David Hill said:

On 11/02/2013 17:44, Sacha wrote:
Some years ago I was given an enamel & silver orchid on a stem, with a
silver leaf. It fits into a bud vase I have. I'm trying to find
another
and despite extensive searchinig, using all kinds of search terms, I
can't find one! The jeweller it came from no longer stocks them. Has
anyone seen anything like this? I need it for a birthday present!

Not quite what you wanted Sacha but worth looking at.
http://www.kelferstudios.com/silverorchids.html

Very similar to which I'm looking for, though the prices make me feel
a bit faint. In fact, the miniature orchid with the single stem in the
gold vase is very like it indeed but not enamelled, I think.

Here are 2 pics which give an idea of form, colour, size etc.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hillhou...7632751700250/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hillhou...in/photostream

That's a lovely ornament, Sacha. I've been looking for a while, but the
nearest thing I've seen is in the link below. It's porcelain, rather
than enamelled silver, and it's rather expensive. Even if the price is
right, I don't know how easy it would be to obtain one.

http://romanceher.com/glazedrorchids.htm

I've tried googling under 'cloisonne' and all sorts, but there's nothing
quite like yours.

Aaarrrgghh! Sorry, Sacha, just noticed that it's out of stock:-((. How
annoying.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London