Old 12-02-2013, 11:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
NightMist NightMist is offline

Default Poppies

On Tue, 12 Feb 2013 22:42:03 +0000, Kay Lancaster wrote:

Quoting from
http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/21...08/1308_12.htm previously
referenced: (a) Schedule II shall consist of the drugs and other
substances, by whatever official name, common or usual name, chemical
name, or brand name designated, listed in this section. Each drug or
substance has been assigned the Controlled Substances Code Number set
forth opposite it. ... (3) Opium poppy and poppy straw

And if you need mo 21 USC 802:
http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/21cfr/21usc/802.htm (19) The term
"opium poppy" means the plant of the species Papaver somniferum L.,
except the seed thereof.

And for the rest of this argument, I refer you to:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...roups=#!topic/

rec.gardens/2p7eUhmul4A

I repeat, just because you haven't been prosecuted, doesn't mean you
won't be. Depends on the political climate, who you've po'd, whether
someone recognizes what you're growing, and the current state of
finances of the local law enforcement agencies (property seizure laws
are commonly brought into play on drug busts).

Would I chance it? Not on your tintype, and when I worked for a
nursery, that's what I told the owners who had purchased some plants for
sale. Oddly enough, the plants in question all disappeared by the next
day I worked -- I'm guessing they had a chance to talk to their lawyer.

All true enough.
Just because you can buy the cut flowers, and the dried seed pods (craft
stores) it does not mean that they are legal. Just just that that part
of the law is laxly enforced in some places.

NightMist

--
I'm raising a developmentally disabled child. What's your superpower?