Old 14-02-2013, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Guess The New Beechgrove Presenter

"Granity" wrote in message
'Martin[_2_ Wrote:
;978163']On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 18:30:55 +0000, Janet Tweedy

wrote:
-
On 13/02/2013 10:57, David Hill wrote:-
This is now so far off topic an of little interest to all but a couple
of people, can't we let it die a death?-

still doesn't explain why they thought it was a Good Idea haeing yet
ANOTHER Chris Beardshaw appearance in a perfectly good gardening
programme. I shall now tape BG and skip his part...................-

LOL we will do the same.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Reading through this thread I've come to the conclusion that most of you
only watch gardening programmes so that you can criticise . If the
presenter is not dressed like a scarecrow with mud and cow $hit on his
boots and doesn't speak with a broad local accent, preferably a northern
one, then he's/she's no good.
You are criticising Monty Don for being rude, you have no way of knowing
what the conversation between the two was immediately before the bit you
saw because it probably ended up on the cutting room floor. If you take
something out of context then it can sound rude, nice, stupid etc.
That's a problem with the editor/director not the presenter.

Since you all seem to know exactly how a gardening programme should be
presented, I'll issue a challenge. All of you get together for a weekend
and make a gardening programme and put it on U-Tube so the rest of us
can look at it and praise/criticise it and the presentation as required.

--
Granity

I set that challenge as well Granity but they chose to ignore it.

Those that can .......... do
Those that can't ............... criticize

Mike