Old 14-02-2013, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Guess The New Beechgrove Presenter

On 14/02/2013 14:50, The Original Jake wrote:
On Wed, 13 Feb 2013 23:59:53 +0100, Martin wrote:

The BBC starts with gold and turns it into crap.

In England perhaps yes. But if you look at the programmes now made by
or for BBC Wales, for example Dr Who, Merlin, Casualty, Being Human,
Sherlock, Torchwood, there is a difference. Programmes have proved
popular, and have received critical acclaim, not only in the UK but
abroad. The attitude west of Offa's Dyke and north of Hadrian's Wall
is different. There is more editorial independence of London.

Indeed, I was surprised to find that Pobl y Cwm (made in Welsh of
course) has a fan base in the USA.

Let's not forget that at least the Beeb have responded to demand by
making Beechgrove available to a wider audience that doesn't have Sky
or Freesat or a fast enough internet connection to sustain iPlayer. If
we don't like a (probably) 5 minute CB segment out of a 30 minute
programme, we can, as Janet suggests, record and skip or go and make a
cuppa. At least we are not getting the other 25 minutes of Monty.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.

Do you really think we will be allowed to see it in Wales Jake.
It will probably be replaced by Rugby or Dragons Eye or some other
Nationally important Welsh programme.
David@the sunny end of Swansea Bay