Old 15-02-2013, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT TV sound

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 13:04:34 +0100, Martin wrote:

On 15 Feb 2013 11:12:25 GMT, Emery Davis wrote:

On Thu, 14 Feb 2013 18:55:24 +0000, Bob Hobden wrote:

If you use a set top box for HD, something like my Freesat Humax 1TB
recorder, they have normal sound outputs on them.

Yes we have a Humax too, although sadly with a smaller disk.

but if it is the same model that I have, you can connect an external
disk dive to it. I noticed that the 1TB model costs £75 more than the
500GB model that I bought 6 months ago. The difference in price is more
than enough to buy a 1TB external disk drive.

Yes, I have an external drive attached to it. But the copy speed is
sooooo slooooow that it's very difficult to use. I've had my daughter
copy all her star treks, Dr whos and sitcoms, but to copy a single HD Who
takes around 10 minutes. I have no idea why the USB should be so slow,
maybe a really ancient linux distribution.

I don't think I've succeeded in getting it to record to the external
drive, have you?

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy