Old 15-02-2013, 08:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default OT TV sound

On 15/02/2013 20:32, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:36:47 +0100, Martin wrote:

It's a fairly trivial routine operation. The surgeon who did my
cataracts 16 years ago had already done 4,000 cataract operations,
when he did mine. The main risk is infection.

Yep, its local anthestic a day hospital job in many parts of the less
developed world. Do one eye, come back next week/month get the other eye
done... I suspect this is a very basic "cure" popping out the old cloudy
lens and popping in a rigid standard replacement. You then get glasses to
"match" the new lenses to your eyes.

I wouldn't be surprised if more advanced treatment allow for the
replacement lens to be matched to the eye and be flexable so you still
have variable focus.

I think you want to update your facts.
In many the ophthalmic departments of many UK hospitals they are doing
Cataract operations as a day surgery procedure/
You say about about the replacement lens being matched to the eye, I'm
not sure what you mean by this, if you are referring to eye colour then
there is no matching to do as the lens is clear, all the colour of the
eye is in the Iris.
You might find this of interest
http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Catarac...roduction.aspx
David @ the drought stricken end of Swansea Bay where we have now been