Old 16-02-2013, 06:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Steve B[_7_] Steve B[_7_] is offline

Default Ever used a pecan vibrator

"David Hare-Scott" wrote

I have no idea so this is just a guess but I would think that a slower
rate of vibration might to be less damped and get the branches moving
better.

I have done a lot of rigging in my life. Heavy stuff. 350 ton picks.

I'm going to hook it up all with either hard cable or chain so as not to
lose much of the action to the elasticity ropes or synthetic slings. This
is going to be interesting, and I do want to do a youtube, so that I can
send to prospective customers. There are literally tons and tons sitting on
trees here that go to waste.

Now, I'm brainstorming and daydreaming on cracking and cleaning them, as the
price raises sharply. But I am going to try to sell all I can that are in
the shell, just cleaned a little.

I'm going to do it Monday if the wind is calm. First order is to drop about
a 60' tall tree. Lucky me, no clean up at all.

Steve

Steve