Old 16-02-2013, 01:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Ever used a pecan vibrator

Farm1 wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message

I have done a lot of rigging in my life. Heavy stuff. 350 ton picks.

I'm going to hook it up all with either hard cable or chain so as not to
lose much of the action to the elasticity ropes or synthetic slings.

Your words describing the use of "hard cable" or "chain" has given me a
mental image of ringbarked trunks.

yeah, i was thinking that too. at least you need
a strap or padding or you will get a partially
ringed tree. and i would not attach it to branches
but to the main trunk.

I'm sure you wouldn't be so silly so I'm
no closer to understanding what a pecan vibrator might work.

this is usenet. silly is to be expected.

Guess I'll have to wait to see the youtube clip to see if it operates
anything like an olive tree shaker or other nut tree shakers.

i'm unlikely to see a vid, but the frequency
sounds very high, but if it gets the tree to
vibrate that is likely to be enough.

if anything, flicking the on/off switch should
add enough chaos for it to be effective.

songbird